Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty desperate to get a two stage snow blower for my personal use (large, sloped driveway) this seasoan, but it seems everyone is OOS. I'm located in the Wilmington, DE area.

That said, HD has this Murray 2-stage 29 inch snowblower available online, shipped free Murray 2-Stage 29 in. Gas Snow Blower - 1695720 at The Home Depot

Should I wait, or is this a decent machine?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
that murray looks like it would be decent enough for what we get around our parts ralphdog but i don't really know what your requirements are. i reached the breaking point last winter and was at the same crossroad, buy whats available or wait and do the research to make sure i get what i need and buy in the off season with unlimited choice. so i sucked it up and waited. just a gut feeling but i think we are done for the year around here for snow. the last couple of storms through here seem to be back to our more typical pattern of not much snow and mostly rain at least south and east of philadelphia anyway. i say wait. just my two cents.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Since it is almost mid February and the probability of a large snow storm is not great, I would hold off purchasing one now and concentrate in earnest EARLY next fall. You may find something this spring if anyone has any leftovers, but you will not get the pick of the litter so to speak.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Thanks for the responses, guess I'll pass on the Murray. And although I expect a similar "stay away" answer. Has anyone ever heard of this Company?

Snow Pro Blowers
Looks like the same type as the "Powermore" and "Powerland" machines..very low end, made in china, snowblowers..see here for thoughts:

- The Best Snowblower & Lawnmower Forum - • View topic - Powerland 196cc Two-Stage Gas Snow Thrower

These days, some of once well-built and well respected brands are now pretty low-end machines..Craftsman, cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt and others...but at least people recognize those names, and they are still built by reputable companies..

but if its a brand name *no one has ever heard of*..like these machines,
dont even consider it..

Scot

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree that it is not an ideal time to buy a new machine this winter. Given the winter we have had in the Northeast, you won't find much of any stock on hand anywhere except mostly junk.

That said, in a month or so, it may be a good time to pick up a good used machine. I bought a used MTD machine about 12 years ago and it is still running strong. You might be surprised at how many will be on the market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts