Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to know what my settings should be on my Honda throttle.This issue has been going on for a couple of years. My throttle slowly sags from high speed to idle. I can’t figure why . I have flipped the springs and plates. In pic 1 look at the throttle plate., on the extreme right.. I think that is factory set up. I reversed it in pic 2 because that’s the only way I can get it to work Close to what it’s supposed to do.

Any ideas ?

Attachments

·
Premium GOT Member
9,694 Posts
I’d like to know what my settings should be on my Honda throttle.This issue has been going on for a couple of years. My throttle slowly sags from high speed to idle. I can’t figure why . I have flipped the springs and plates. In pic 1 look at the throttle plate., on the extreme right.. I think that is factory set up. I reversed it in pic 2 because that’s the only way I can get it to work Close to what it’s supposed to do.

Any ideas ?
if it's not that you can remove the small return spring on plate.you'll have to remove black plate under airbox to access the spring. sorry i dont have a picture but just work the throttle cable to see the spring pull back cable.
or expand the spring so not so much tension. I usually just remove spring. It doesnt matter much.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it's not that you can remove the small return spring on plate.you'll have to remove black plate under airbox to access the spring. sorry i dont have a picture but just work the throttle cable to see the spring pull back cable.
or expand the spring so not so much tension. I usually just remove spring. It doesnt matter much.
10/4

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the throttle plate is damaged. Also, the E-replacement schematic shows an extra washer that the factory manual does not. I carefully assembled it and it is now functioning almost as it should. It's a huge improvement. I've ordered and am waiting on the new throttle plate and washer.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts