Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any methods to get these throttle knobs off the Briggs engines? Somehting other than pulling as hard as you can and then flying across the room in one direction and one the knob going the other? Some can be really tight.

I'm sure the answer is obvious, I'm just missing it. So let me premtively say DOH!

·
Banned
474 Posts
Throttle knob is easy by pulling straight out from lever, just wait till you do the choke knob.:surprise:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Throttle knob is easy by pulling straight out from lever, just wait till you do the choke knob.:surprise:

Yeah, pulling straight out, then releases all at once launching you across the shop.

The choke knob is a PIA too. But if you do it the way we do guitar knobs, put a string around it and pull up, maybe a little extra encouragement with a screwdriver oppoiste from the where the string comes up, OR I use the tools made to take car interiors apart.

Neither is easy, but they work, eventually.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I built a small 16oz slide hammer out of 5/16 rod some nuts and washers and a old drilled peen hammer head, that I can change ends on when I have to for different applications that I can fab from scrap metal. works nice.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
OR I use the tools made to take car interiors apart.

:thumbsup:---- Or a claw hammer with a rag behind it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts