Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried reading online about how the throttle and govener works on these snowblowers. I got my snowblower I bought up and running. Just wondering why does it not sound like higher rpms when I have it at full Throttle? It sounds like it jumps up a speed but doesn't really rev high. Normal?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yes, that is normal. Probably. Kind of hard to tell by reading text on a screen of course. Most snowblower engines run at about 3,600 rpm give or take a bit, so it should sound about the same speed as a lawn mower, they usually run about the same speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm just used to a riding mower that really revs up at higher throttle. Maybe I'll set the idle screw a bit more to run higher rpms? Don't wanna over do it obviously. I'm not sure how to tell if it's running at 3600 or anywhere near that lol

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
The idle screw has nothing to do with max speed unless something very odd is going on, and on all the mowers I have owned, engine speed is typically *less* than 3600 - the blade just makes a crap-ton of noise compared to a blower. Put a tach on it - if you see 3600 or so, it'll work fine and much higher is just an engine failure looking for a place to happen.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts