Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's getting freaky cold here in minnesnota. And it's getting old fast. Time to take a trip to hawaii

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
its not the snow its the deep freeze thats got me thinking about going some place warm. problem is when i get back here it will still be cold

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is no snow in the forcast for us. by next Friday it will be shorts weather here

·
Super Moderator
9,891 Posts
No snow in the forecast but you know it's bad when they close the schools :eek:

ALERT: Gov. Dayton has ordered all Minnesota public schools closed for Monday, Jan. 6 due to the potential for dangerously cold temperatures.

·
Super Moderator
3,855 Posts
According to a weather map in the paper this morning, the *entire state* of Minnesota will not be above negative 12 degrees F today! (-24C) (thats the high for the day!) with wind chill temps up to minus 50! wow..

We are getting that same cold tomorrow in Western NY..but we are going to be at plus 7F..still cold, but not nearly as bad..

hang in there everyone!

Scot

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I was in Tok, Alaska a couple years ago in August. It was the 3rd of Aug and temp got down to 28° f. The next Monday it snowed. They get down to -50° and even lower. If I remember correctly it got down to -62° that year. But, they usually don't get huge snows. Whatever hits the ground stays all winter though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Powershift, you can blame me for the lack of snow around here. I picked up a new Toro a couple weeks ago and have not really gotten a chance to use it yet.

Hey, it got up to -9F here today!

Heck, I've ridden my bicycle in colder weather, in my younger and stupider days.

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I blame it on myself. Because the powershift is 20 years old from when i first got it. Took out the impeller back in 2005. Took it all apart that spring/summer stored all the stuff in my house. Re did it all this fall. Old doc detroit is right it's not the snow. It's the freaking cold that will drive you nuts!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts