Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one put 13-5-6 tires on the stock 410-350-6 rims? Also I came across a briggs intec 9.5 used for a good deal to replace my 5hp on my 69 with a 3/4 shaft and was wondering if the height of the crank shaft is the same as my 5hp. I just got done painting my blower and now thinking of these up grades.:D

·
Super Moderator
2,668 Posts
Mods

I've made a few mods to some machines, including switching tire types and sizes. Biggest thing to watch for is interference issues. If you go to a bigger or wider tire, will you rub the handlebars or mounting bolts etc.

Tires definitely make a big difference. On your engine, is your old one a single shaft unit? Sounds dumb but some people don't check when considering upgrades.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine is a single shaft. I won a bid on ebay for a 9.5 briggs intek snow engine with 3/4 shaft for $150. but the seller is only listing shipping at $75.:eek: I want to pick it up it's only 45 mins from me. I have emailed them with no response back. and the have found x-tracs for cheap coin on overstock wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts