Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I own an old Simplicity snow thrower from 1969. The problem is, that the tires are broken and they aren't not so easy to get. Now I found a pair of steel wheels, with no tires.
What do you think, does the steel wheels have higher or lower traction then the rubber ones? We don't have so much snow and my doorway is sloped.

I hope you understand my English!

Best regards from Switzerland!
Felix

·
Registered
143 Posts
You are doing great with your English. :)
Not perfect, but it's my native language and I don't speak it perfectly either. :p
Your English is definitely better than my German which I think is the most used language around Zurich.

Anyway, I personally think the steel wheels would have less traction and would be less than satisfactory.
You might be able to locate and buy some wheels and/or tires from a machine that is being scrapped and parted out.
Check behind the local snowblower repair shop for the machines that they have out there that they probably aren't going to repair.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would highly suggest refraining from using steel wheels. Steel isn't know for good traction especially when they are cold. I would suggest checking ebay. You never know what you'll find on ebay. Good luck on the search.

P.S. You're english is perfectly fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts