Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve been searching for virtually any model 2-stage Toro in the state of Colorado, but they’re completely sold out everywhere.

The various Home Depot’s have no information about new stock coming in either. And I can’t find any for sale online anywhere in the country.

Did I miss the boat, or am I still too early?
Or are these still Covid related delays?

Lowe’s has a bunch of Ariens, but I really don’t want to go down that route.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
It appears container ships are anchored off shore .... Can't unload them.

Factory's overseas effected with covid, parts scarce, etc ...

Might want to consider picking up a used to get you through, then keep it as a backup.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My local HD isn't sold out. 39 Toros two stages available within 24 hrs, 10 on the floor.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I was my local Home Depot over the weekend. They had 3 or 4 two stage blowers and only 1 single stage.
I suspect availability is going to get a lot worse before it get better.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It will be hit or miss, depending on the supply chain in your area. I know they only had one or two SMALL single stages at my HD the other day. They were on display, and I did not notice anything else still in its box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The HD's in my area have 2 or 3 Toro blowers at the most on display. As of a week ago anyway.

I have a small property so I settled on a single stage Toro. Wanted the 824QXE for the stronger engine, but they have not shown as in stock on the HD website at all since I've been looking. The 724QXE has been in and out of stock so I settled for that one when it showed back up. I didn't want to wait for the 824 and then find the 724 to eventually not be available at all. Grabbed what I could when it was there. My 724 was delivered last week.

I agree with others since the supply chains are all screwed up (for whatever reason) it's going to be hit or miss. I think this supply chain fiasco is going to get worse before it gets better for all kinds of things.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just checked my local Home Depot and Lowes and both have plenty of stock [11 different machines at Home Depot], not sure if this is going to be a regional issue but if there is a shortage it hasn't hit Western Connecticut as of yet. The prices on the new ones seem very high to me, but I have noticed used machine prices ticking up slowly [beyond just the getting close to winter price increases]. So good or bad it seems my habit of buying and refurbishing "lost causes" seems to continue to pay dividends for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My local HD isn't sold out. 39 Toros two stages available within 24 hrs, 10 on the floor.
Do you mind sharing which state you live in? The HD website is a little tricky to search nationwide, but I may see if an out of state store can ship one to me. Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Upstate NY near Oneonta.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you not order from HD and they will ship one to your local store ?
Unfortunately not – on the HD website, you have to buy directly from a specific store.

For example, here is the model I want. It’s not available in stores, can’t be shipped to a store, and can’t be shipped to your home: Toro Power Max HD 1028 OHXE 28 in. 302cc Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower-38841 - The Home Depot

And nobody at HD knows if/when they would get any new ones in stock.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Unfortunately not – on the HD website, you have to buy directly from a specific store.

For example, here is the model I want. It’s not available in stores, can’t be shipped to a store, and can’t be shipped to your home: Toro Power Max HD 1028 OHXE 28 in. 302cc Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower-38841 - The Home Depot

And nobody at HD knows if/when they would get any new ones in stock.
You think a nation wide company would be able to distribute from other stores to fill orders . Throw a blower FOB and just sent it to where it's needed .
I know many times at Stihl if a dealer was needing a certain piece of equipment other dealers who had stock would sell to them.

I wonder if there is a certain chain of command you can get hold of and have this done ?
Buy from the store in NY online and tell them to ship it and see what happens.
I'm not one for accepting "no" very easy....lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: I purchased the last Toro of any model in the state of Colorado today!

I finally got hold of an HD manager, he showed me HD’s inventory system, revealing that there are ZERO Toro’s in Colorado, and zero on order anywhere in a 500 mile radius at any store.

His opinion is that Toro has a manufacturing problem, and that more Toro’s won’t be in stores before 2022, if not the 2022/2023 season.

Crazy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great ! , are they shipping it to your store ?
They actually had one on a pallet stored away in the lumber department, for some reason. Sounds like it got put in the wrong place, which is why it hadn’t been sold yet, and so I was able to take it home with me.

It’s not the exact model I wanted (824 OE) and I was hoping for a 26 or 28, but it’s a truly beautiful looking machine.

Compared to our ancient Craftsman, the engine is 2x the power, and much bigger beefier tires, so I’m confident this will make winters easier.

I am a happy guy today!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Awesome ! I just replaced an old 27" machine with a 24" (not Toro) and I like the narrow machine . Easier to get thru tight places and I think easier to handle.
I think that machine will have you smiling during a CO blizzard :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome ! I just replaced an old 27" machine with a 24" (not Toro) and I like the narrow machine . Easier to get thru tight places and I think easier to handle.
I think that machine will have you smiling during a CO blizzard :ROFLMAO:
Yes I think it will serve me well. Our winters are second only to Canadian winters!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts