Snowblower Forum banner

Would you buy it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The listing says: Toro 11hp 28" snowblower in good working condition. Fully serviced LED light Electric start
Pictures attached.

I saw this listed locally for $500. I'm wondering if it's worth that. Anyone have an older Toro like this? Does it still run well? Am I going to be throwing money at this all the time to fix things?

Thanks for any input you can provide!!

Attachments

·
Registered
in the garage
138 Posts
The listing says: Toro 11hp 28" snowblower in good working condition. Fully serviced LED light Electric start
Pictures attached.

I saw this listed locally for $500. I'm wondering if it's worth that. Anyone have an older Toro like this? Does it still run well? Am I going to be throwing money at this all the time to fix things?

Thanks for any input you can provide!!
some people may say you paid a lot of money for this, but no matter what? you have saved your back lots of work and suffering, any Auger with a machine is better than shoveling, oil that machine, greased gunned them augers, check them cables, should be fine.

with all the money you paid, they coulda left you the chain, buy you one for you blower, you will bite the ice and snow easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some people may say you paid a lot of money for this, but no matter what? you have saved your back lots of work and suffering, any Auger with a machine is better than shoveling, oil that machine, greased gunned them augers, check them cables, should be fine.

with all the money you paid, they coulda left you the chain, buy you one for you blower, you will bite the ice and snow easier.
Thanks, I didn't actually purchase it yet, was hoping to get the input here to make the decision. What would you have paid for this? I'm guessing it's from 2004.

·
Registered
in the garage
138 Posts
always keep up with your Carbs, yup your carbs, more than likely, your Carbs will surge before you have issues with your engine.

keep it tuned up and oiled, spray oil in the auger each use, and tilt this machine, so melted water comes down, so rust dont developed, stoe this inside always, your machine shouls last a while. good job.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I would pass on that snowblower as its bucket has been repainted (and not particularly well). It's also not a 38652, as the 38652 would be the 1128 OXE and that one appears to be just an 1128 OE. Also, it looks like the skid shoes are worn past their life expectancy. He could have flipped them over at least since they were reversible, but he didn't even bother.

·
Registered
in the garage
138 Posts
Thanks, I didn't actually purchase it yet, was hoping to get the input here to make the decision. What would you have paid for this? I'm guessing it's from 2004.
electric start alone is around $100 used, new starter around 200 dollars, new Carbs around 50. i would offer 400, tell him there is no chain, 28s can be a little hard to push around without no chains, and say getting the Auger greased gunned will cost more dough.

mind you this Toro was a flip, thats my tip, paint did not match, offer 4 Hunndred, wont hurt.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
i wouldn't touch it. the bucket being painted the wrong color is 1 thing but look at them skids. looks like they are so worn it is starting to eat the bucket. they were even too lazy to just flip the skids.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I agree with passing on it. I am always leery of quickly/poorly repainted machines. It can cover up alot of issues. And the worn skids demonstrate lack of maintenance. It could be a good project machine, if that is what you want, but not at that price.

Also, please put your location in your profile so others can better judge your needs.

thanks

Reactions: Tony-chicago

·
Registered
39 Posts
Find an ugly one for half the price where they cN show you it works fine and spend the time to slowly fix it up your self. Shoes and a scraper bar and some fluids and paint are cheap and you'll know how you did it vs trusting this guy who was too lazy to match paint or even make it appear to be maintained.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I am not a fan of the big Toro's but that's just me, but it looks good. When I sell a machine I like to test it out first, but that's kind of hard right now. You will have to decide if you want to take a chance on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts