Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I came here to get some advice on the Toro I picked up yesterday - and here it is!
This one seems in good shape aside from a declared carb issue. I'd like to put a starter on it but can only find 12v models and that's all that's listed in the parts catalog. Are there 120v starters around that fit?
Now I need to brush up on cleaning briggs carbs.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
I came here to get some advice on the Toro I picked up yesterday - and here it is!
This one seems in good shape aside from a declared carb issue. I'd like to put a starter on it but can only find 12v models and that's all that's listed in the parts catalog. Are there 120v starters around that fit?
Now I need to brush up on cleaning briggs carbs.
Good for you....!!!! :icon-clapping-smile

Probably PS93 has some good advice on the 120V starter that'll fit on it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just cleaning up a couple threads I forgot to finish - - -

I did manage to fit a modern 120v starter to the beast, picture attached. I had to make an adapter plate of AL to make a new bolt pattern and to properly space the starter. I also had to raise the tank to allow clearance.
With proper tools and measurements the job wouldn't have been difficult to do.

While in the middle of that I did find an original 120v old bolt-up is available but the price was $150 used [and hard to find]

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just cleaning up a couple threads I forgot to finish - - -

I did manage to fit a modern 120v starter to the beast, picture attached. I had to make an adapter plate of AL to make a new bolt pattern and to properly space the starter. I also had to raise the tank to allow clearance.
With proper tools and measurements the job wouldn't have been difficult to do.

While in the middle of that I did find an original 120v old bolt-up is available but the price was $150 used [and hard to find]
Now we just need some snow at the lower elevations...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts