Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 major questions for the forum. I will do 2 separate threads.

I just bought an old 1132 for $200. The guy had rebuilt the tranny. When he ran it for me, it worked well. Well, now when I get it started it only goes backwards. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just an FYI:When asking for help,it's important to always give the model and serial number of the machine in question.That way,people can look up the parts breakdown for the machine and form an opinion as to what the problem could be.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts

I just bought an old 1132 for $200. The guy had rebuilt the tranny. When he ran it for me, it worked well. Well, now when I get it started it only goes backwards. Any suggestions?
11-32 POWERSHIFT or Old School??????????

·
9,612 Posts

Look under at the shifter linkage to see if something came loose. other wise post a vid of the machine so I can have a looksee at it. :eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
9,612 Posts
Does the shifter move into any forward gears??????????? what aboot trying to shift it to kick the wheels back??????????? More than likely there is something binding up under the control panel.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
A couple of words make me nervous. In the first post he said the guy rebuilt the tranny. I hope he didn't eff something up. Could be a really nice machine for $200.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the shifter move into any forward gears??????????? what about trying to shift it to kick the wheels back??????????? More than likely there is something binding up under the control panel.
This is my first powershift. Not sure how to kick the wheels back... Also, It does shift through the gears smoothly but just does nothing except reverse. When I put it in reverse it reverses. When I release the shifter from reverse it takes a while for it to go into the neutral state.

·
9,612 Posts
This is my first powershift. Not sure how to kick the wheels back... Also, It does shift through the gears smoothly but just does nothing except reverse. When I put it in reverse it reverses. When I release the shifter from reverse it takes a while for it to go into the neutral state.
There is a slot above the number 2 gear setting for the stick to go in the POWERSHIFT Mode. can you physically see the rod moving the shift linkage down below????????????????

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The control box under the panel is not a simple thing. There are lots of widgets and gadgets.
You need to get ahold of the service manual. The copy I have is a scanned copy and the quality is not the best. Googled the file name and it appears you can still find it for download. Just search for;
492-0354 Toro Power Shift Snowthrower SM.pdf
If not send me a private message and we'll figure out a way to get it to you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
You can go directly to the Toro Website and D/L everything for free.....Other than Engine Manuals. Fantastic site.... Don't need to register. Toro and Ariens are very good websites for supporting their products.

GLuck, Jay

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
For what it's worth, I sprayed a boat load of WD40 in the control box of the 824 I had, ran the controls a bunch, and everything freed up. Might be worth a shot.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Here is a link to the Toro site where the manual for your machine is still available to look at and or download (FREE!) - - > https://www.toro.com/en/parts/partdetails/?id=3163
I think yours is a 1988 or '89
Hopefully we can help you get it straightened out. There are also youtube vids on how the powershift swinging axle works and how to rebuild the trans. When shifting the axle it's not recommended you put the machine up against something. Some of the vids show that. They are a really nice machine when working. I've got two :wink2:
PowerShift vids - - > https://www.google.com/search?ei=t8orXLiQC8b68QWw8YHACw&q=youtube+toro+powershift&oq=youtube+toro+powershift&gs_l=psy-ab.3.0.35i39.8787.9791..10447...0.0..0.190.516.4j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i304i39j0i13i30j0i8i13i30.FcWUjEXntnc

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts