Snowblower Forum banner

Toro 1800 Flip

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blaine B. 
#1 · (Edited)
So last week I was snooping around CL. Found a Toro 1800 power curve for $5.00. Add indicated it needed a new plug. Thought what the hay, I've lost more than $5.00 before so why not see what I can do. Brought it home, plugged it in just enough to see if it worked and it did.

I have one of these little rigs already for my deck and it works great for that. Yea, ya gotta mess with an extension cord in winter but it sure beats shoveling and lifting snow over a railing.

Got on line with Toro, ordered a new plug had it shipped to the house, total invoice was just under $11.00. So for $16.00, plus a little time to soldering, and heat shrink, I have a nice little blower that I plan on flipping this fall, hoping to sell it for $150.00 +/-, being they go for $300 new.

Here it is all cleaned up and ready to go to a new owner.

Paddles and belt is in great condition

See less See more
#4 ·
Update

Sold my little summer project yesterday. $130.00

Took that cash, went to my local Ariens dealer and paid for my remote chute kit for my path pro that I ordered this summer and came in Friday. Took the remainder of cash to the liquor store and picked up a bottle of Jack.

Life is good,,,,,,,,,,,, right now anyway, but sooner or later that phuck up fairy will be at my door step again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.