Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning folks,

I am repairing a "new to me" Toro 3650 GTS (2004 model) and I've noticed something odd. I just put new paddles on it and I spun them around to check the clearances. In the back, when the paddles are up against the housing, it appears to have roughly a 1/4" gap. So, that seems large to me with new paddles. I was assuming maybe a 1/16" gap should be there. Kinda worried about it throwing poorly like this.

I did notice that the metal housing is bashed up a bit and was repaired with some brazing but it appears to be a good job. I'm wondering, what you 3650 owners are seeing on yours? I will likely order a new lower housing part, if available, but for now it should hold up.

We have no snow right now to test it unfortunately.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After some years of use my flexible rotor blades have a 1/8" gap from the lower housing and almost direct contact on the pavement. Direct contact on the housing does not sound correct. Are you using aftermarket replacement flexible rotor blades? Are the rotor shaft bearings still in good shape? Pages form the repair manual attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. I believe the bearings are good, however I will double check. I purchased the paddles using the Toro part number from my local Toro dealer, however, I suppose they may not be genuine Toro parts. I will take some pics and show the problem as I see it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This thing was ridden hard and put away wet! I have new paddles installed but I think that lower housing is pretty well hammered! You can see where it was brazed pretty clearly.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know how this part goes back on? For the life of me I can't seem to make it fit!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Feels like I'm playing in the sandbox for this thread, haha.

Anyway, I have replaced the lower housing with a new unit and I'm very happy to report that my clearance issues have been solved. The old lower housing was absolutely hammered and had been brazed back together. I guess it was so misshaped that it caused a very large gap.

Everything is back together now and working like a champ. With a new scraper bar and a new belt she'll be like brand new!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts