Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got our first "snowblowable" snow last night. It was the wet/heavy snow (2-3") that froze overnight so it was a bit of a challenge for the SS. It did okay, although the EOD stuff was too much for it to handle as there were snow/ice chunks about (6-12") in diameter the little toro just couldn't chew them up. Soooo... I had to warm up the big 2 stage to finish off the job :D.

(+) - The little Toro did an excellent job cleaning down to pavement; the "self-propelled" auger pulls itself nicely, at times quicker than it should have, had to pull back on the handle to keep it from choking itself, for a small machine it sure was a eager to take on the snow; threw about 10-15 ft - not too bad for junior; very easy to transport took it over to my parent's to do their drive with much the same results.

(-) - To my disappointment the wheel fell off :eek: while doing my parent's drive (I just had to laugh), apparently the fastener that kept the wheel on either worked loose or wasn't put on all the way - luckily I found the fastener and put it back on - looks like I'll have to modify it a bit (though I REALLY shouldn't have to):mad:; the 87cc not as robust as the older 2 cycles although it did hold its own, strained a bit in the heavy snow, but never stalled on me.

Overall performance - no major complaints, given the type of snow it was subject to, I expect it do significantly better with the dry fluffy stuff.

Looking forward to the next snow fall, hope the wheel doesn't fall off this time :confused:!

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
(-) - To my disappointment the wheel fell off :eek: while doing my parent's drive (I just had to laugh), apparently the fastener that kept the wheel on either worked loose or wasn't put on all the way - luckily I found the fastener and put it back on - looks like I'll have to modify it a bit (though I REALLY shouldn't have to):mad:; the 87cc not as robust as the older 2 cycles although it did hold its own, strained a bit in the heavy snow, but never stalled on me.
Congrats on a job well done. I can empathyze with the wheel. Almost done with a machine last winter, one last snow and I at least wanted to try it. Plowed out 3 ladies places across the street and while blowing found out I'd not tightened a few bolts. The shifter along with the bolt fell off and a couple of other things were working loose :eek:
Like you, had to find the missing parts and wondering if I'd blown them into the snowdrifts or not. Found them but it was a little intense for a while. The cover that's removed when adding an electric starter wasn't found till spring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts