Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I picked this up last night got it home and it ran great finished the driveway however at the end it died and won’t restart. I pulled the plug and have no spark. Where do I start the coil?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
No, check the grounds. It may be grounding itself like that pull out key. Disconnect it, disconnect the wire going to the throttle too, then check for spark first through the spark plug then with a screwdriver or your hand, slowly. If you remove the flywheel housing, sandpaper the magnets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went out to try it and it started...... fuel related? It did come with a new carb but he said it didn’t need it since he fixed the current one

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Drain the tank and carb in to separate clear soda bottles. Check for clarity, color, and water. Water will initially cloud the fuel then it will start separating and sink to the bottom. Check your "Fresh" gas by the same method. Try a different gas station.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
He did say no spark but then fuel related? Fuel of course has nothing to do with spark but since he asked fuel related to show him how to eliminate that, drain the gas in to clear soda bottles.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I pulled the plug and have no spark. Where do I start the coil?

Welcome to SBF. Since this is a new to you machine, the throttle may have been set to low and grounded the coil or you may have a fussy ignition switch that grounds under vibration on moisture?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up using it again ran fine not sure why it was acting up last night. It was covered with snow last night so possibly it caused something to act up. Or the previous owners fuel was crap and it took awhile for mine to work?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts