Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few year old Toro 724 OE.

No drive -- I checked and adjusted the shift and drive linkages, then went inside for a better look when the basics didn't help.

What I see -- the hex shaft has lateral play so it slips out of its left bearing, then the pinion gear doesn't stay engaged with the large drive gear -- no drive!

I removed the bearing retainers, bearings seem fine, the outside rubber washers a little squished but could that be enough to let the whole shaft move sideways out of its bearing?

Thoughts, suggestions welcome, or lmk if more description (or pictures) needed.

Thanks!

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I have a few year old Toro 724 OE.

No drive -- I checked and adjusted the shift and drive linkages, then went inside for a better look when the basics didn't help.

What I see -- the hex shaft has lateral play so it slips out of its left bearing, then the pinion gear doesn't stay engaged with the large drive gear -- no drive!

I removed the bearing retainers, bearings seem fine, the outside rubber washers a little squished but could that be enough to let the whole shaft move sideways out of its bearing?

Thoughts, suggestions welcome, or lmk if more description (or pictures) needed.

Thanks!
Post some pics or a vid of this problem that is presenting itself onto us here. I have never messed with these new 1's. but I will try help you oot as best as I can from here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts