Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's not a typo. Normally (in years past), I'd turn the choke on, pump the primer button 5x, and start. wait about 30 seconds and shut the choke off. Runs perfect!
Now, it wont start with the choke on, I have to shut it off, prime 5x and it starts and runs just fine but I need to know why it wont start with the choke on please.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
So does it run fine after you have it started?

All my gas cans get Stabil and SeaFoam in them when I fill them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5 times is to many
try 2 with choke closed
never more then 3 primes on hm80-100 tecumseh that are setup right
OK I just tried it with 2 and choke closed and wont start. Again, this seems backwards but I have to shut the choke OFF to get it to start COLD. then it runs rough for 3-4 minutes before working properly.
In the past I've turned the choke on (because it 10°F out, primed 4-5 times, and it would start.
I'd let it run for 2-3 minutes then turn choke OFF and it works perfectly. BUT lately this doesn't work.
Just looking for some help.

·
Premium Member
1979 (or so) Toro 724 (38050) and 2018 Ariens Platinum 24
1,496 Posts
Wait until it is actually cold . . . summer air density isn't even close to what the carb is tuned for, and the thinner summer air makes it naturally rich. Never tune a blower engine in the summer (well, unless you want to do it again . . . .) Ask me how I know . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts