Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Toro 824XL model number 38083 starts but will not stay running. I have had the carb ultrasonically cleaned and rebuilt. I have adjusted it to factory settings per the operators manual. It will stay running if I continuosly press the primer bulb with choke fully closed. I have cleaned the fuel tank and replaced the fuel line. I have to conclude that it is not getting enough fuel. Is it possible that the fuel line is pinched somewhere and pinched enough to restrict the flow of fuel? I am at my wits end. Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think you answered your own question.
Yes from the syptoms you have mentioned it is for sure get starved of fuel.
Check your gas cap vent, if it is plugged this will happen (trust me It happened to me), if that is good and the tank and filter is clean and no pinched line (you can check all this by removing the fuel line from the carb and draining the tank into a bucket and it should be a solid stream till empty) then your problem is with the carb.
Also check the postion of the float bowl. The indented flat spot should be by the float hinge so that the float can drop down more.
I hope this helps and you can always ask more questions we will get this working for you, also if you have a picture of your carb that will help a lot.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Also make sure that you have properly installed the gasket between the carburetor and the engine or manifold and that the carb is tightened correctly as a vacuum leak will cause the same symptoms. carl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts