Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a older 96 Toro 8/24 and I believe the barrel type auger somewhat obstructs blocks and doesn't cut up the snow as good as a open serrated auger. Is there a replacement auger that I can install and use.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
your machine will work just fine and still run with the more modern units.. at a glance it does look like it may be an issue, but it was in use for many many years and performed very well. i can only guess toro stopped using it due to cost, not functionality.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it works but I think the open auger would help the blower feed in snow better so it wouldn't ride up on the higher snow banks/piles.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
No there is not another type of Auger set up available. those drums serve a pupose they meter in the snow so flows out just right. if the machine is riding up then gear it DOWN!! if the engine stalls out well then that is a problem with the engine itself.:eek:mg::emoticon-south-park

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really any other problems. Runs great thought I could improve the chopping up of snow for greater performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts