Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toro 2450 single stage needs paddles and a bar. I've seen a lot of cheap replacements on amazon and ebay. Some seem too good to be true so I'll avoid those. I'm admittedly a tight wad and don't want to spend more than necessary. I've seen some attractive prices on Oregon and Sten parts. I'm familar with these brands and was wondering if their paddles and bars are of decent quality and will last a while? If there's nothing of equivalent quality available, I'll just suck it up and spring for genuine Toro parts.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Stens and Oregon are quality parts however Oregon carbs seem to be no different than Chinese carbs at 1/3 the price. I've ordered the paddles which are the least money with no problem but I don't use those machines often.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the cheaper paddles reinforced with threaded plies like Toro OEM's or do they tend to be just solid rubber? The reinforcement seems to be an absolute must for adequate wear and strength. I have a bad habit of agressively pushing my machine into end of driveway piles and drifts.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I don't remember, I put them on customer's single stage and I don't know which of mine I have them on as I sell them, only 1 I'm keeping

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had picked up a set of paddles for my CCR3650 at Home Depot a few months back. They were about $50 for the set, and they held up pretty good for the few times I used them.

I would steer clear of the cheap stuff on amazon and the like. I was tempted to get them as well, but don't cheap out, you will regret it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I got mine on Ebay for $35-$40. A tiny bit thicker than OEM. have lot of fabric reinforcement.

I used my snow blower aggressively (I always tilt the front down a little, so it would self-propelled moving forward, going up hill as well). I used my single-stage snow blower quite a lot to blow my 3 cars driveway and my neighbor's driveway as well. Sometime, I hit ice and the side curb.

No problem with those aftermarket paddles and scraper bar at all. They don't wear out much.

OEM is like twice the price, and they got their from someone else.

Even with new paddles and scraper bar installed, I didn't see much better performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I found genuine Toro paddles and bar online for less than 50.00. Believe it or not my original paddles have lasted since I bought the machine in 2007. The last big heavy wet snow was hard on them especially with me jamming it into drifts etc. Some tearing was starting along the lower edges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts