Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew up the old 10 HP Tecumseh engine a few years back and put a Briggs 1550 on my TORO. Does anybody know if I can get a 10% or so oversize drive pulley to take advantage of the extra power? The engine drive pulley on my TORO is weird. It's kinda like a flywheel/pulley. It's heavy as **** that's why I said flywheel/pulley. I already did the impeller upgrade and tachometer.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
You could get 1 somewhere oot there in cyberspace. but in doing that tricked oot little mod. you run the risk of SMOKING The Gear Box to kingdom come. so in my musings on this subject it is not worth the risk it poses. with that bigger motor you have more than enough power to chuck the BLOODY STINKING WHITE STUFF a country mile already. :eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Can you post a pic of this flywheel/pulley?

·
Registered
407 Posts
At some point I'm going to have to replace the auger pulley on my Allis.The average dealer price is around $80.I found that at my local Tractor Supply I can buy the hub and pulley to make(you weld them together) the same thing as OEM for $30.They have quite a range of pulley and hub sizes to mix and match.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You'd be surprised at what a bearing store has in their catalog.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Until I get a picture, I found this. Picture has a few different angles and you can see that the pulleys, on both ends, are like two halves joined together. I guess to overdrive the auger I would just put a 10% larger pulley on the end and fix the slight spacing issue.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pulley/1067333/1781946

TORO part # 106-7333

1 - 8 of 8 Posts