Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
basically a self-throwing shovel. downside is it needs an extension cord. gets generally positive reviews. sidewalks, decks, patios, etc. and yes, the price was perfect!

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I have a 2 stroke Power Shovel (made from 1983-1985), that I found at the curb for free about 20 years ago. It probably has quite a bit more grunt than the electric version, plus you are not limited and dealing with an extension cord.

It works great clearing patios, sidewalks and decks, for snowfalls of 6" or less. Not so great on decks with glass panels, as the Power Shovel doesn't blow the snow straight up like a blower with a chute does, I have a little corded electric blower I use for my glass paneled decks.

Mine gets limited use, as I find it easier to just use an old fashioned shovel on areas that I can't get with my regular blower.

20200308_122005.jpg

Here is an electric one for sale

·
Registered
93 Posts
My grandmother had one of those. She would use it here and there, but from what I can recall, it really didn't work that well. It always seemed that the amount of snow that it would be for never fell. With a couple inches of snow, it was easier to use a hand shovel. When a lot of snow fell, a single stage / two stage would do the trick.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My grandmother had one of those. She would use it here and there, but from what I can recall, it really didn't work that well. It always seemed that the amount of snow that it would be for never fell. With a couple inches of snow, it was easier to use a hand shovel. When a lot of snow fell, a single stage / two stage would do the trick.
so what's the sweet spot between a couple of inches and a lot of snow? that's what this is made for!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have a sweet spot for any snow equipment that has a 2 stroke engine. It is nostalgic and will be probably outlawed soon.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I had one. I found it at the curb. I thought it would beat shoveling the steps. Heavy? Didn't work well. I went back to shoveling.

·
Registered
93 Posts
rwh963- If I recall, it seemed to work ok it 2-3 inches of light fluffy snow. If the snow was slightly wet / damp or slushy, it did not work too well.

I am not saying it is a bad tool, but from my experience, I will stick with a smaller single stage blower before I would buy one of them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thx for the replies people! i personally shovel everything i can. wasn't sure how this tool fits into the snow removal firmament. maybe if it was rechargeable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts