Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Evolution of the Toro snowblower. I do not lay claim to any of these pics. they have pulled from the world wide web. I only claim The Brothers. so everybody feel free to post all the other models From TORO. I am not affiliated with TORO in any way . and if there are mistakes just let me know on what I have posted.

·
9,612 Posts
From 1971-1987 the 7-26, 8-32, 11-32 used only briggs engines. the 5-26 was discontinued at the end of 1975 year. in 1976 model brought about a change toro switched wheel clutchs. which would bring in the taller tires. and a design change on the tractor body.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
" I am not affiliated with toro in any way "
I think that's a fib, its the red toro paint that runs in your veins that wakes you every morning :)

Reactions: micah68kj

·
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1988-2004 the powershift is born.

1988 brought a new school of TORO snowblowers to the masses. the models were 6-24, 8-24, 8-28 ,11-32. the first 2 years had the skids tucked up behind the bucket. and also had some weld issues where the brackets were welded to the bucket itself. by 1990 they had that problem solved. 3 engines were used from 88-95. Briggs, Tec's and Mitsubishi. Briggs were only on the 8-28 and 11-32 models. the Mitsy engines were on the 6-24 and the 8-24 and the 8-28 from 88 to 89. not many were ever made either. and parts for those Engines are no longer available. the rest of the 6-24's and 8-24's ran the Tec engines. 1995 saw the last of the Briggs engines ever to be used on a Powershift. after 1995 TORO used Tec engines full time. 1996-2004 models were 6-24, 8-24, 10-28, 12-32 and 13-32. 1996 also brought about the serrated auger. the rest of the blower remained the same.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I just saw a Mitsubishi engine the other day on a heated power washer of all things? I was wondering if those made it on to a blower..... Not familiar with them at all? Never saw one before. Gotta be tough to get parts for. Suzuki made small engines for awhile - got one on TORO GTS mower - very well made.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
I just saw a Mitsubishi engine the other day on a heated power washer of all things? I was wondering if those made it on to a blower..... Not familiar with them at all? Never saw one before. Gotta be tough to get parts for. Suzuki made small engines for awhile - got one on TORO GTS mower - very well made.
ccr 2000 and ccr 3000 single stage snowblowers have Suzuki motors also

·
9,612 Posts
1976-1987

TORO had a intermediate line of snow blowers. these were the 5-24 and 7-24. also referred to as medium frame size. they ran those TEC engines on them. had 2 reverse speeds, 3 forward on a 5 speed shift gate on the dash.

Attachments

·
9,612 Posts
Powerthrow line up.

After the 87 model year they also came out with the POWERTHROW line up. The 8-24 was the only large size frame of this pedigree. incorporating a POWERSHIFT front end bucket with the standard tractor frame. running once again the TEC engine only. with a inline shift gate for the transmission.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 86 Posts