Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does your neighbor mow down a hill? Where does he store the mower? A neighbor of mine kept his lawnmower in his basement. The lawnmower would be tilted at about a 45 degree angle, front end down, when carrying it up and down the stairs. Gasoline would leak out the carb and soak the air filter. I installed an inline fuel shutoff and when he was done mowing, he would close shutoff and run the engine until it stalled. No more wet filter.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well his yard has hills as well as a lot of flat turf. The mower is stored in his garage. The gas seeping into the air cleaner seems to be related to warm temperatures after the mower was shut off. I pulled the carb gave it a good cleaning and replaced the needle and seat. The mower was recently used and did not leak gas into the air cleaner but it was cooler out. I am hoping that it was a carb issue and has been resolved.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Isn't this a snowblower forum?? (Kidding lol)

More info is needed. Is the float plastic or the old brass? Is the float filled with fuel (common with the old brass). Sounds like an older machine if it has the rubber seat and solid needle, so did you install the seat the correct way? If it's something that mystifies you then just cut in a simple shut off valve in line and then there will be no issues while sitting.

·
Somebody
3,737 Posts
I didn't even notice that, my apologies. Makes sense to have it so the forum isn't seasonal with input.
Ya it gets too quiet around here in the summertime... trying bold new things to keep 'er firing all year. 🍻

21 - 26 of 26 Posts