Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Toro model 38584 snowblower, it had a problem staying running. I replaced the fuel line and took apart the carburetor and did a through cleaning everything with carburetor cleaner. Dried everything off and reassembled it, then reinstalled the carburetor and filled the fuel tank with fresh fuel. After several pulls it started, ran very rough but, smoothed out somewhat but once it warmed a little it wouldn't idle on its own without me pushing on the primer, once I stopped it would quit running. My question is; what could be the problem now?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I just got the sister machine, 38583 (same thing, but no electric start).

Is this a recent change? Do you have a compression tester? If so, what are you getting for compression? Have you replaced the fuel filter?

Do you know the carb gaskets are good? If you spray carb cleaner where the carb attaches to the engine, while it's running, does the engine sound change?

If the engine sound changes while spraying it at the connection from the engine to the carb, for instance, then you may have a leak in a gasket, allowing raw air into the engine, effectively depriving it of fuel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts