Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I will buy a Snowmaster 724QXE when the new builds become available. I very much appreciate everyones' guidance on this. When I looked at the 724QXE (model 36002) on the Toro Master Partsviewer, it shows a 2016, 2017, and 2018 model. I assume the 2018 model is what is being built now or soon to be built for sale starting late summer or fall, so I'd want one with a 2018 S/N 402082000 or higher. Does this sound right as I think this is the 3rd year they've offered this model ... what they label as a 2018 model is what they build now in 2017 through whenever they finish production for this model year? I'm thinking to purchase a recently made unit vs one from last seasons stock in case they made any design tweaks. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Is there a significant difference in price for the 824 vs 724? If not I'd much rather get the 824 model......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all.

The 824QXE is about $100 more than the 724QXE. The 724QXE is $749. I was debating whether it was worth the extra $100 for the bigger engine but based on others reviews it seems the 724QXE would be more than adequate. I live in the general Philadelphia area and have a relatively flat driveway although relatively long. My only concern with what I buy is if will still do good when the new is wet/heavy and how it does at the end of the driveway.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
For $100 more I'd get the 8. I buy and recondition snowblowers for sale​, have 5, 5.5, 6.5, 8, 9, 10, several of most. Though I like the lightness of the 5, all are for sale but plan to keep the 9 & 10. The 9 & 10 are bulky but those are the ones I prefer to keep and use. I'm in NJ and can get less snow than Philadelphia.

Reactions: PJS1

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
I would get the 8 also and make sure the machine you buy is the model year you want cause some dealers will sell you a leftover if they have them in stock. it's new but not the current year. most likely left over from last year

Reactions: PJS1

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I would get the 8 series. Where I work we sell all the Toro line. The 8 series usually sells first only being few dollars more.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I myself really don't see the big deal if it is a 17 or 18 model year. because the 18's will have left over parts from 16 or 17. I got a 93 model year and it has 91 and 92 year parts on it.:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
13 Posts
While nobody ever wanted less power, I can say the 724 is perfectly fine. The issue is not a lack of horsepower for doing the end of driveway, it's that these snowblowers are not ice-chewers. If you get into the hard stuff you need to chop it with a shovel first, then blow it with the blower. I sprayed mine down this year with the Dupont Snow & Ice product (https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Snow-and-Ice-with-Teflon/41426636) and it never once clogged or gave me an issue. Best stuff ever.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Reactions: Sweptwing
1 - 12 of 12 Posts