1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm always worried I'm going to find one of these in my part of the world. There is no way I would be able to pass it up. I have had one on my list for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
I'm always worried I'm going to find one of these in my part of the world. There is no way I would be able to pass it up. I have had one on my list for a long time.
For two-fiddy you could have it shipped, and still come out good.

Me not so much otherwise I'd be all over it too.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I didn't get it, thought about it for a second, as these are pretty rare and interesting machines. I figured it would sell quickly, it was priced well below it's market value and it looked to be in good condition.

I understand they were made from 2004 to 2008.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
ROTAX 2 cycle; Droooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
After some searching I found this...............

The Toro Agreement – In 1999, Briggs & Stratton made a license agreement with The Toro Company of Bloomington, Minnesota USA. to produce the Toro R*Tek piston ported version of their E series 2-stroke engine (AKA Lawn-Boy DuraForce) for use in Toro Snow Throwers. The engine was a 141cc 2 cycle that produced from 4 hp to 6.5 hp at 3700 to 4000 rpm on a 50:1 gas & oil mix. A higher power 7-HP model was made (Engine Model# 84330) for use in heavier duty machines such as the single stage Snow Commander (2001-2008) & 2 stage Power Max 726TE/6000 (2004-2008), the extra horsepower was obtained using Transfer Ports in the piston & cylinder wall and ran at the same operating speed as the 6.5 hp engines (4000rpms). Production stopped in 2011.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
All I can say is VVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring them back Toro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess I would be considered an enabler, by the members of snow blowers anonymous for tempting you with that little machine:rolleyes:

Sorry about that, at least it won't take up much space.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh , not at all , I love everything connected with Lawn-Boy and OMC , especially the old stuff , glad you told me about it . ;)
I got it home , it was smaller than I thought but a stout machine , very well made. It looks totally complete with a button style kill switch that has been added instead of the original turn knob.
Compression feels real good and when I saw the fellow he also told me the machine and engine had been gone over as a tech shop project at a high school , not sure if that is a good thing..LOL.
And the best part , when I met Tom (the fellow selling it) he says I'm going to give it to you , I'd like to see it go somewhere where it will be appreciated ! (y) :)
I'll get some pics up in a few days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts