Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the various model 'letters' in the PowerMax series signify? I see various models

LE
OE
OX
OXE
OHXE

The base models over the years seem to be LE or OX

Not sure what the difference is between the various models . . . and then there is of course the engine/bucket nomenclature ( ex 826 or 1028 ) that's easy to figure out. The lettering . . . not so much.

Appreciate any help from the Toro experts here on SFB. Thanks. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I think that the "H" signifies a model with hand warmers. The "X" means some form of steering, (guessing here on this one). The "E" probably means electric start.

·
Registered
842 Posts
351 beno
ohxe? o=oh valve, h= hd machine, x=steering controls, e= electric like warmer and lamp?? would love to know myself

·
Registered
180 Posts
351 beno
ohxe? o=oh valve, h= hd machine, x=steering controls, e= electric like warmer and lamp?? would love to know myself
H is heated handles, e is only for electic start, x is steering. They don't have a symbol for hd or head lamp.
exp
37780 small frame 826 oe no light, ohv, electric start.

37781 small frame 826 oxe with light, ohv, auto turn, electric start.

38805 big frame hd 826 oxe with light, ohv steering triggers, electric start.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys my sanity has been saved

Reactions: Zavie

·
Registered
842 Posts
mine also. crazy numbers 38801, 928 powermax ohxe. head spinning and not from inhaling nitro fuel then maybe i really need a few lungs full for the racers who know what i mean,

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Toro lists the 37777 826 ote as having extra wide tires so maybe the t or the e means extra wide??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is the "X" related to those freewheel triggers found underneath the handle?

OE vs OXE

So the OXE would have the trigger freewheel steering.
Would the OE lack any type of freewheel steering?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts