Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a Toro S-200 snowblower that she uses to do her apron and her deck. She not very good about taking care of it during the winter season.She did not use stable in it.

It would not start so I bought a carb rebuilding kit and new needle valve and new diaphragm. I tried cleaning it after removing it and installed new parts.

It will start but dies out after about a minute. What is I doing wrong?

All help appreciated. About to look around for a snowblower this size that has a 4 cycle engine

Thanks

Bolens 66

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
There were two different types of carbs used on the S200. Look at the throat of the carb (where an air filter would mount) and see if there is an "F" stamped there.

An "F" stamped carb would have the diaphragm against the carb, then the gasket, then the bottom cover.

A carb WITHOUT the "F" would have the gasket against the carb, then the diaphragm, then the bottom cover.

If everything is assembled correctly, the carb is still dirty some where inside.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Is there a filter somewhere in the fuel line? Maybe in the tank?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were two different types of carbs used on the S200. Look at the throat of the carb (where an air filter would mount) and see if there is an "F" stamped there.

An "F" stamped carb would have the diaphragm against the carb, then the gasket, then the bottom cover.

A carb WITHOUT the "F" would have the gasket against the carb, then the diaphragm, then the bottom cover.

If everything is assembled correctly, the carb is still dirty some where inside.
When I removed the carb. I did notice a F1 marking on it. I did put the diaphragm on first and then the new gasket.

I let it sit overnight and notice gas is leaking out of carb. Maybe I am better off replacing the carb?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Don't give in too easy.

If it runs a full minute before dying, it sounds like fuel delivery. I'd pull the fuel line and test flow. If flow is good, pull the carb again and carefully go through it, piece by piece, port by port, starting with fuel inlet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts