Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never used one of the Toro single stage snowblowers before. I usually help my elderly neighbor clear his driveway, but his driveway is crushed stone.

Just wondering if a single stage machine will still work if I tilt it back slightly while clearing his driveway so that the paddles are not throwing rocks all over the place?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
EYE, it'll end up a huge mess come spring time. I did the same - - it was a mistake. Stone gets thrown everywhere.

Reactions: Prime

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EYE, it'll end up a huge mess come spring time. I did the same - - it was a mistake. Stone gets thrown everywhere.

Even tilting it backwards it still throws stone everywhere? He doesn't care if I leave an inch or two of snow on his driveway, as long as he can get his car out.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Welcome to SBF, EYE2.
It would be extremely tiring trying to keep the paddles from grabbing the stone, especially if the gravel isn't frozen with a layer of snow.

There is a method you could try. This member modified his single stage to do what you need (pretty clever). You could try a piece of PVC pipe slit down the middle and slipped over your scraper bar.

https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/1634177-post.html

·
Registered
141 Posts
The paddle is what what pulls the blower forward, on stone its not going to work well if at all, then its going to toss stone everywhere. I would avoid it

Reactions: Prime
1 - 5 of 5 Posts