Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Toro Powermax 826 OE which is two or three years old. I let it sit with gas in it for the winter.

I can get it to start after many tries and then when I press the lever to engage the auger it will stall out.

I should say I am not very mechanical. I looked on youtube and found a video about cleaning a Carburetor. Might that help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi ya! You may want to repost your question in the Toro section because not too many people will see that here in the introduction thread. I'd provide a link, but I can't see a way to do that on this Tapatalk app.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, the carb cleaning will probably do it. Just make sure that the video is for the same model that you have.

·
Super Moderator
6,715 Posts
clean the carb or have it cleaned, drain the old gas out and put fresh gas in

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Toro Powermax 826 OE which is two or three years old. I let it sit with gas in it for the winter.

I can get it to start after many tries and then when I press the lever to engage the auger it will stall out.

I should say I am not very mechanical. I looked on youtube and found a video about cleaning a Carburetor. Might that help.
On my old Simplicity I used to add some Stabil to the gas can I used at the rate recommended on the bottle. Might be an idea after you get the carb cleaned out. I was always kind of bad for leaving old gas in it over summer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Take a gander of this video to solve your problem

Reactions: Yetiman
1 - 7 of 7 Posts