Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks, I'm having starting problems with my Toro Snowmaster 724 ZXR, which I bought brand new about two months ago. The engine turns over but won't start. There's gas in the tank, I have the choke on, the red key is inserted and the engine primed. I use the pure premium non-oxygenated gasoline suggested by the seller.

I had just used it to clear my driveway which took about 15 minutes. I turned it off and then tried to start it up again a few minutes later with no luck. If it's relevant, it was snowing quite heavily (blizzard conditions actually) while I was using it for those 15 minutes.

I just bought this thing a couple of months ago and today was only the third time I've used it. Up until today it's worked great. Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Pull the plug and check for spark.

Loosen the fuel bowl and see if fuel drips out.

If both are ok, spray some starting fluid in the carb throat.

Empty the gas tank and fuel bowl, put the gas in a clear soda bottle, check for water, it will sink to the bottom. If there is water there could be ice in the line or carb.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
it should still be under warranty so take it back to the dealer

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Most of us deal with old old machines that are way out of warranty so that is our mind set, what is wrong. Detdrbuzzard is right, bring it back to the dealer. And if you bought it at Home Depot or Lowe's, maybe they'll send somebody to you.

·
Registered
809 Posts
just quickly, if you are choking and priming a warm engine, it may be flooded. Wait a few minutes and try starting without the choke.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
My new Toro 721 starts best with half choke and 2 pumps of the primer. The only time I went 3/4 choke and 2 pumps was in bitter cold conditions. It's always started on the first pull, usually with just barely pulling the rope out halfway. I agree with paulm12 that you may be flooding it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts