Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the maiden this morning the accumulation was about 10-12" and higher in some spots. Tires are 11" tall. Very windy, lots of drifting -not ideal for filming a video!

The machine performed great, very happy with it. Throws snow far and the chute controls are sweet. The PP drive works just like the mowers if you are familiar and is very easy to operate.

In this video I'm leaving lots of windrows I know but was just trying to get the big stuff first. It cleaned up easy next passes.

After doing 3 driveways and 1000' of sidewalks had to take a break for fuel.

Notice the accumulation around the shroud. Anything to be concerned about?

The plow hasn't come by yet so no EoD to test. When it arrives later will film some action of that.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I would think if there would not be big wind you will have a lot less snow on the engine. Blowing against is always a nasty job but can not be helped at times. Looks like your new Toro worked great for you.

Thanks for letting all see it working

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
In those conditions that snow around the engine is very, very normal. back in 2010. when we got 20 inches of snow. you should have seen what 'SR' looked like after plowing throught 4 ft drifts. HE WAS 1 SNOW COVERED DUDE!!:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
In those conditions that snow around the engine is very, very normal. back in 2010. when we got 20 inches of snow. you should have seen what 'SR' looked like after plowing throught 4 ft drifts. HE WAS 1 SNOW COVERED DUDE!!:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:
LOL!

Just got back in from round 2. Glad I split it up because there has to be 20-24" on the ground right now, and more coming still.
There were times today when the top of the chute was the drift breaker! The machine was working hard but did not miss a beat. Engine runs good. Under a load it chugs nicely kinda like an old Mack :). Doesn't even flinch at the light stuff.

As promised here is some EoD action:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was skeptical that this machine would be capable of handling the big snowfalls, but your videos have proven me wrong. I am seriously considering selling my Toro 621RC single stage and 928 HD 2-stage and consolidating down to one machine...

·
Registered
629 Posts
TDI -
Are you near the coast.
Would be interesting to hear how it fares with a bit more wetter snow..
Love to hear if you get a chance to tackle some 3' salty, wet, crusty, EOD as well or or ~wetter~ snow that todays

Typical EOD has come out way, but I think they've been so busy on the plow salt, I don't think salt has been spread yet.

·
Registered
427 Posts
today my 724 snowmaster did deeper end of drive blowing.. It was clear over the top of the intake shroud and it never missed a beat. These blowers are nothing short of amazing. And it was slightly wet and heavy. It was not fluffy at all. It cleared wayyyyy better then my Honda HS621. I have a neighbor with a two stage craftsman and we were doing the same EOD's and his had major issues. The faster speed of the SS auger of the snowmaster also *eliminated* ALL block up in th echute. Not ONE all day

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
TDI -
Are you near the coast.
Would be interesting to hear how it fares with a bit more wetter snow..
Love to hear if you get a chance to tackle some 3' salty, wet, crusty, EOD as well or or ~wetter~ snow that todays

Typical EOD has come out way, but I think they've been so busy on the plow salt, I don't think salt has been spread yet.
Inland, near Trenton.

The conditions you describe (3' of salty, wet, crusty, EOD) is the toughest test of all.

For that I would want the heaviest, most robust machine possible. A Gravely with the "dog-eater" blower comes to mind.

Wish I had the space to house multiple units for every possible scenario but I don't, got to compromise.

It has been snowing nonstop since the last run 8 hours ago (+8") so get to do it over again tomorrow. Maybe it'll all harden up tonight and present more of a challenge.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're welcome! Just trying to show people what it can do so they can form their own opinions.

Update: This morning there was another 8" and more EoD. WHAT A STORM!

Some new footage from today. FYI: The bucket is 18.5" tall.

The mailman is very appreciative of this so he doesn't have to get out of the vehicle

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
nice drift breaker in the last vid :)

Reactions: tdipaul

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
today my 724 snowmaster did deeper end of drive blowing.. It was clear over the top of the intake shroud and it never missed a beat. These blowers are nothing short of amazing. And it was slightly wet and heavy. It was not fluffy at all. It cleared wayyyyy better then my Honda HS621. I have a neighbor with a two stage craftsman and we were doing the same EOD's and his had major issues. The faster speed of the SS auger of the snowmaster also *eliminated* ALL block up in th echute. Not ONE all day
Awesome! This storm was a true test. Comparo chart coming

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
It would appear that in some passes you working it like a rented mule.:facepalm_zpsdj194qh but on the bright side it will more than likely be gone in a week out there. not like here we have to look at the crap for 4 months.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts