Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a set of track drives. The ones I'm interested came on Craftsman II , Murry and a few others I think. They usually said Trac-Drve on the side. I'm trying to make an assist device for a person in a wheelchair.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I don't know why I couldn't find this last night when I searched. I have a line on one for 175.00

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also the one posted needs drive bearings in case anyone is interested. The guy said otherwise in great running condition. FYI

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks E350 you rock! I actually found one running for 175. The tracks have some dry rot so I will probably be looking for new ones after I'm done.

Looking for just the rubber tracks to fit the craftsman snowblower. I'm looking for a set thats in good condition not all cracked and rotted out

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wdb will they fit? its a different # than the ones I have. Funny thats about the price I paid for the whole blower

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
rotor: Between you and me, I would buy a machine with good track rubber and bad bearings before I would buy a machine with bad tracks but good bearings. Bearings are cheaper to replace.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rotor: Between you and me, I would buy a machine with good track rubber and bad bearings before I would buy a machine with bad tracks but good bearings. Bearings are cheaper to replace.
I didn't know about them till I got it home and really looked at it. I'm in a wheelchair so I was relying on my brother who failed me Ha!

Its not a total loss the motor works good and the chute I'm going to use in my project.

I was hoping I can find a set of tracks that are the same. I have seen some on line but not sure if the will fit. I need to do more research. I was hoping someone has a set they want to get rid of.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
rotor: I buy allot of Craftsman stuff. Well, three garden tractors. One of the things I like best about Sears is that they list all the part numbers for the Craftsman machines, including snow blowers. I don't usually buy from Sears Parts Direct (it is usually cheaper to buy at the Sears store itself, or search for the Craftsman part number on ebay or craigslist - personally I prefer to buy on ebay because of "ebay buyer protection.")

Anyway this thread may help you identify the part number for the tracks for your machine and then you can search for the part number on ebay or by Googling and cross-reference it to different part numbers but the same tracks on different manufacturers' (i.e., MTD) machines.

http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/craftsman-snowblowers/57674-basics-how-source-find-locate-craftsman-parts.html

Hope it helps!

P.S. I want to buy a beater track snow blower, and will likely buy a Craftsman, but I am afraid of the tracks, so once you find a source, please post it for the rest of us.

P.P.S. Can't wait to see what you build...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks E for the info. I talked to the sears parts on line with no help. I will follow your advice. My tracks aren't too bad but if I make this R/C snowblower I want to make sure I can keep it running long term. I know that there are a lot of Craftsman and Murray snowblowers out there. I might need to buy another just for the tracks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts