Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Alaska.
I am in need of tracks for my Yamaha YS-828T.
They don’t make them anymore and I haven’t been able to find any on eBay.
are there other tracks out there that will fit with some adjustments?
Thank you.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I am in need of tracks for my Yamaha YS-828T.
TRACK ASSY 7KF-47110-00

Measure your tracks and perhaps we can locate a set... The three measurements for a track are:
Width: in mm
Pitch: in mm (distance from one cleat AKA "link" to the next when straight)
Length: in number of links

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are your tracks suffering from dry rot ( i.e. cracks across their widths from aging ) ?. I had this problem on my 1989 YS624TEN unit. If you have the same problem you may want to try this fix. Its an easy afternoon's work. My left track broke last year and I repaired it with a patch of fire hose and rivets. Did a better job this summer with wire rope fastened together with thimbles. Materials used were 3/32" 7x7 PVC coated rope wire with ends fastened together with 1/8" thimbles. Note; I initially used clips to fasten ends but they were not able to grip PVC coated wire tight enough and as tracks flexed going around drive and idler wheels, wire rope slipped in clips. Hence changed to thimbles which held wire rope tightly to outer track circumference. I drilled 5/32" holes to threaded wire thro' cleats. They were a snug fit. 3/16" holes will allow wire rope to move back and forth better as track rotates.
Font Typesetting Wood Metal Facade
Font Facade Automotive wheel system Monochrome photography City

Had a chance to tried them out last week with our first snowfall. So far so good. Fingers crossed.
All materials bought from Home Depot for about CDN$30.00

·
Somebody
4,372 Posts
I edited the title to say "Yamaha" instead of Yamada... maybe that will help I dunno.

We've been through this track thing so many times... no, nothing else will work. And if they're available on This Side nobody wants to pay the freight.

However... we shall see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts