Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ariens 24 Platinum. At the end of the driveway I have to manhandle it sideways to get it back up off the street. What if I lower the air pressure in the tires, or do I need chains? 2nd problem is that is doesn’t clean down the the concrete very well. Lower the skids and/or put some weight on the front - and if I do will the traction be even worse? Thanks for any ideas. NE Iowa and it’s trying hard to make up for December & January.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
the auger and housing will get torn up if in contact for a long time, two stage machines are not designed to clean the snow down to bare pavement. how much is left on the ground is determined by how the skids and scraper bar are set

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
The best method I've found for skid adjustment is to use a paint stir stik undeneath the scraper bar. Drop skids down to the ground and re tighten them. If your wheels are spinning when blowing you're going too fast. Adjust your speed so you're not overunning your blower output. Read your owner's manual for proper use. Inflate tires to pressure written on sidewall. It is ok to use a little less but make sure the pressure is equal in your tires. Not being familiar with your machine I'm only guessing but be sure both wheels have traction. Read your owner's manual to see how to perform this. Can't help you with your driveway issue except to tell you to make sure both whels are driving and maybe hit it at an angle to get one wheel at a time up on it.
Let us know if this clears up your problems.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ariens 24 Platinum. At the end of the driveway I have to manhandle it sideways to get it back up off the street. What if I lower the air pressure in the tires, or do I need chains? 2nd problem is that is doesn’t clean down the the concrete very well. Lower the skids and/or put some weight on the front -
You certainly put very valid points to ameliorate your snow blower's performance, first you should adjust your skids with the scraper 1/8" on a hard surface, some use paint sticks or you could use 2 quarters stacked as this will leave approx. 1/8" of snow and will help not scraping your skids on bare asphalt. Don't play with your air pressure as it will play games with the auto turn, should be around 18 psi. As for the weight I have a 27" X 4 1/2" and 1/2" thick which gives you approx. 18 lbs and feels just about right.
I also have chains on my Ariens 1130DLE and it improves my traction very nice but I don't know if it would be advisable for auto turn maybe ask a dealer. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts