Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my trusty old Snapper 622 with a coworker for a 2410, Well it wasn't as good shape as I was led to believe but the co-worker isn't the brightest when it comes to machines so I don't think he intentionally did it. He said the valves were out but wow this engine was a mess, All alum is white and crusty, rust coming through all the sheet metal on the engine, Real strange thing is the blower itself barely has a scratch of rust???? AH well time for a repower. Today I pulled off the engine with plans of bolting up the original engine off my Sno-Tek rebuild as I repaired it and it's good to go. Then when I pulled off the pulleys umm well... WTH it's got a 7/8 shaft and every other chinese engine 208cc and smaller have all had 3/4 inch shafts. The rusty engine is a 179cc by the way. Wish I could have kept it stock but a upgrade to a 208cc will be good. Now I just need to go nutty trying to find some usable pulleys that will line up the belts right. Note to self, Buy any cheap engines sold here LOL Another member sold the 179cc off there 2410 here and I wish I would have purchased it, thought about it but didnt think I would have had a use.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Yup, 7/8” shaft. Definitely an odd duck in the pond.

I got new pulleys off of zoro.com when I repowered my 2410.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you were who I was thinking about, went through your thread last night, Have a drive pulley I think will work and I’m going to try to sleeve the auger pulley, having to change the engine sort of killed the budget on this one but have a little left before I spent too much lol building this for a friend and have to keep it total under $250 so the challenge is making it a good blower and not go into the red.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I had the same Pulley Issue when Repowering One about a Month Ago. Fortunately, I have an assortment of Pulleys to make things work. Makes Me Wonder Why would they use a 7/8 Crank?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea 7/8 is a strange one, I don’t have a ton but do have a few pulleys around, The drive pulley is from a ole tec on a craftsman but the auger pulley doesn’t extend out for enough so I’m going to try to make a sleeve but worst case I’ll order the pulley Tpenfield ordered, then figure out what I’ll need for belts.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
BTW - the newer TB 2410's come with a 208cc engine, but I'm not sure if it is a 7/8" shaft like the 179cc.

3/4" shaft is certainly the more common size.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well issues diverted, Visited JayzAuto1 at his shop and did a little trading and he had a MTD 179cc sitting there in good shape other than the original tank was used for another of his projects so we worked out a deal and now I can put this back to stock which is fine, It is for a friend so no profit and he only needs a smaller lightweight machine to help his father in law clear with his bigger machine that has trouble getting into the tighter areas. Thanks again Jay, **** of a good guy and good conversations had there.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've visited with Jay as well, great guy.....
I’ve met a few members, you still good for breakfast tomorrow Cranman.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts