Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm buying a new machine to replace my old but still running '88 Yamaha 6/24. I was all set on a Honda 7/24TA until I saw the Troy bilt for half the money with electric start,turn assist, headlight, and hand warmers all either unavailable or optional on the Honda. The money is not a major issue, reliability is. Is the Honda really twice as good? I posted in the Troy Bilt forum, but I'm expecting a little bias there. I need some qualified, unbiased opinions and/or experience.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
The both look like excellent machines. I've used wheeled Troy Bilts, and they've worked well. So far as the Honda goes, I'm biased as I've had a Honda HS622 track drive since 1999. Other than normal maintenance, I've only had to replace one seal in the dive unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. The Yamaha is a tough act to follow, only one belt and some chute linkage in 20+ years. The Trot bilt gets great reviews, but those are new owners. I wish there were reviews from 5-10 years down the road. The Honda does have a substantial track record. Thanks again

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Let us know what you decide on, and give us an update on how which ever one you choose works for you. We'd like to hear your evaluation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts