Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
First post on the website. I have used the forums before and they have been very helpful in the past. I like to read and learn from others experience as I do quite a bit of small engine work myself.

Right now I’m a bit stuck working on the snowblower mentioned. Specifically having problems with the auger and drive handle lock function. When I squeeze down the the auger lever, then the drive and let it go it won’t stay locked down. I have adjusted both cables, inspected the mechanism and lock cams, found a bracket cracked, replaced that and still have the same issue. The cam spring is in good shape. The cables aren’t frozen. There isn’t much else there to look as far as I know. When I rotate the cams around 360-degrees the lobe on the left side makes a definitive snap, the one on the right doesn’t. I doesn’t look like anything is broken or out of place. I’m out of ideas at this point, any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's the same design as mine, so maybe I can help. Was the auger handle ever removed? If it was, remove the handle again and turn the shaft 90 degrees and try again. Do this until the shaft is in the right position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts