Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking all over the internet for a new carburetor for my troy bilt snow blower. I have had no success. I am not sure if there is a generic carb that would work, but have not found anything that lists this model 31AS2B5-711. Novice here, but pretty sure I can do the work if i can find the parts i need. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Are you sure you need a carburator?

Look for the identification tag on the engine its on the fan cooling shroud either on top of the engine or on the cooling fan housing which is where the recoil start is.

Write down all the information on the tag including the name of the manufacturer of the engine and you will be able to purchase a new carburator for it.

Then you can visit the engine manufacturers web site to find the parts if it has an easy to use web portal to find the engine and then the caruburator.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I typed in your model number and got mtdparts with an engine number Tecumseh 752T067516195vs

Many of us first try cleaning the carb first before replacing it. I find it works well taken apart using spray carb cleaner $3 and welding torch tip cleaners $2, some use a gallon carb dunk tank $10, a few use an ultrasonic cleaner $$-$$$$$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts