Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used trufuel in any of their machines? I know its ethanol free fuel and its supposed to be equal to 92 octane fuel. Any thoughts on this product

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Has anybody used trufuel in any of their machines? I know its ethanol free fuel and its supposed to be equal to 92 octane fuel. Any thoughts on this product
I know it's expensive. I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I always just use stabilized gas. If it gets a little age on it I dump it in my truck and buy new, fresh regular gas and use a stabilizer and a bit of Seafoam.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like and have used a lot of the ethanol free gasoline. I use it to test and initial run of rebuild or if I am not going to use the machine for a little while. I also use the marine formulated Stabil. It is expensive but trouble free.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I noticed this canned fuel at Home Depot on my last visit. Doesn't it work out to be something like $32/gallon :confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I only use Trufuel for my Honda snowblower, Exmark lawnmower and Stihl weedwacker.

Yes, its about 8 dollars per bottle. However, a homeowner like myself would never use very much per year. I spent 300 dollars on a repair bill for my Exmark. The mechanic blamed the internal rust in the Kawasaki motor to gas with ethanol. I've never used gas from a gas station since.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I gave up and use it in my little 2 strokes, weed wacker, leaf blower and chainsaw and it put an end to a lot of nonsense. My 4 stroke machines do fine on stabilized regular E10.

All get drained and run dry for extended storage except the chainsaw.

Pete

·
Registered
434 Posts
Trufuel for summer storage?

Why not use an E-10 fuel with a stabilizer through the winter and at the end of the season use Trufuel for summer storage? (I don't have a convenient source for E-0 to use regularly.) Admittedly that means burning or draining the E-10, adding the Trufuel and letting the engine run long enough so Trufuel is throughout the system.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That sounds like a good idea for my 2 stroke OPE's. For my 4 cycle OPE's I was thinking of using av gas. I have several small airports near me. I don't think they use ethanol gas. I will check with them. In the summer I'll check with the marina down the road to see if they have ethanol free gas. I'm not concerned with the generator as I run that every 2-3 months for at least a half hour. It's the snow blower and power washer that get used then stored.

Whimsey

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm fortunate enough to have a ready supply of ethanol free gas here. Mills Fleet Farm sells 89 and 91 octane ethanol free at prices comparable to other stations E10. I use it in everything that I put gas in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Its good to use in machines that are used infrequently. I also will run a machine dry then put a third of a can into the tank and run it empty again. Over kill but I feel reassured that the ethanol gas has run out of the carb and will not leave varnish in the bowl.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I use TruFuel, or one of the similar brands in my chainsaw, just because it's used infrequently. I don't think I'd use it in my snowblower, just for cost reasons. I use gas with Stabil.
The idea to keep it in the tank during the Summer is a good idea though. I'll try that!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Camp Fuel as a cheaper option?

I'm into remote control boats, and most of them have basically a heavily modified chainsaw engine. Quite a few guys that I know run camp fuel, AKA white gas or Coleman fuel in thier engines. The love the camp fuel because there's no smell and no ethanol damage.
This might be a much cheaper alternative than those small cans of TruFuel. Camp fuel is usually under $15 a gallon:

http://www.truevalue.com/product/Liquid-Fuel-For-Coleman-Lanterns-Stoves-1-Gal/39573.uts?keyword=camp

Just a thought!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have been running "Racing Gas" in all my power equipment for the last 25 years and I have never had a carburetor issue. I can buy "Racing Gas" a quite a few gas stations in my area with no Ethanol and at $6.00 a gallon, it's still a good deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts