Discussion Starter #1
Ariens????

Ariens 2 Stage Snowblower

Sure as he11,,,,,,,,, the photo's indicate Gilson

I have sent this person an email pointing out the make in the photo's

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
I just now emailed him and gently let him know that "the sign says Gilson". :)
99.9% of times I've done something like this I've been thanked for my help. This guy will probably tell me to pound sand.

UPDATE!! Seller just contacted me and thanked me for my informing him of his mistake. I'm happy.:) less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Amazing. What other things does this person overlook in everyday life, at work? We all error on occasion. But you would think when posting in public you would try to get the most basic of information correct.

Nice job contacting and pointing out the error. Like telling a person they have toilet paper stuck to their shoe.

·
Super Moderator
2,673 Posts
Many times, online ads are wrong even when they're looking at the item in question.

Can't tell you the number of times I've seen Vette coupes called convertibles because the top is removable. Or Buicks with Vette engines because it has an LT1 (supposedly) but they had a 2 bolt vs 4 bolt in a Vette.

Just some stupid examples of ignorance or scheming on someones part.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
Amazing. What other things does this person overlook in everyday life, at work? We all error on occasion. But you would think when posting in public you would try to get the most basic of information correct.

Nice job contacting and pointing out the error. Like telling a person they have toilet paper stuck to their shoe.
Seller was very apologetic in his mail and thanked me. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. The worst ad I saw was a few weeks back and the guy had a Ceaftsman/Toro. He swore Toro made it. Scot and I both emailed him asking for mdl number. Emails were ignored. Post has since been deleted. The most common error is the mixup betwenTroy Bilt/Toro or the other way around. But seriously, you'd think people know what they own.
Next thing we'll probably see'a Yamahonda blower pop up.:D

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just now emailed him and gently let him know that "the sign says Gilson". :)
99.9% of times I've done something like this I've been thanked for my help. This guy will probably tell me to pound sand.

UPDATE!! Seller just contacted me and thanked me for my informing him of his mistake. I'm happy.:) less than 5 minutes.
And his ad has been corrected :cool:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Seller was very apologetic in his mail and thanked me. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. The worst ad I saw was a few weeks back and the guy had a Ceaftsman/Toro. He swore Toro made it. Scot and I both emailed him asking for mdl number. Emails were ignored. Post has since been deleted. The most common error is the mixup betwenTroy Bilt/Toro or the other way around. But seriously, you'd think people know what they own.
Next thing we'll probably see'a Yamahonda blower pop up.:D
It could happen.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts