Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a free Noma today and I love it for some reason, it’s the perfect small size compared to my MTD and I’d like to fix it up. It’s missing the cabling for the auger clutch etc and I’m having a hard time trying to figure out what parts I actually need. As far As I know I should need 2 cables and a bracket but it’s hard to visualize and the parts diagrams don’t help all that much. If anyone has one of these machines it would be greatly appreciated to see some pictures

·
Registered
'98 Noma 9/27 & '82 Honda HS50
71 Posts
Visionist. I have a Noma 9/27 that is a very similar setup to this one.
I'll say this, it is a lot less confusing looking at the actual unit than the diagram. Granted I had the cable in place when it broke so I could track it that way, I see you don't have any of the cables in place. I can send you pix of mine if it helps. Basically, there's one cable from the handle to the back of the transmission housing, that connects to the second cable outside of the housing, then goes into the housing, around the sides thereof [there should be a clip in the far corner that it runs behind, then loops up and out of the transmission box to the auger "rocker" [for lack of a better word]. I had to disassemble the the entire "rocker" piece to get the cable run. Be careful, the rocker thing mounts to a shoulder bolt that keeps it in place, I broke this bolt, not expensive but had to delay the repair to get it from Amazon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Found a couple pix from the site:
Here's the connection that I refer to as "outside the transmission box"

And here's one from the inside of the "transmission box", follow the black cable. I'll see if I have any pix of where it meets the [what I am calling, for lack of a better word] the "rocker thingy that releases the auger wheel but locks it when you release the handle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a couple pix from the site:
Here's the connection that I refer to as "outside the transmission box"
View attachment 169210

And here's one from the inside of the "transmission box", follow the black cable. I'll see if I have any pix of where it meets the [what I am calling, for lack of a better word] the "rocker thingy that releases the auger wheel but locks it when you release the handle.

View attachment 169211
That is incredibly helpful!
If you have the other picture that would be awesome as well. I appreciate the help in visualizing how it’s supposed to be setup

·
Registered
71 Posts
No problem. I can’t find an existing pic so I’ll take one later, need to check the belts anyway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Poked around and you’ll find what you need in YouTube, search 90s Murray auger control cable replacement. Murray and Noma are the same.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tools some pix today with the covers off

from the top and then from the bottom. Just follow the black cable.
Hope these help.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
i could be wrong but i don't believe that diagram you posted is the correct one for your noma. i got a noma that seems closer to yours tractor wise than that diagram or the pics others are posting. on mine the cable inside the tractor is short. it goes in around that pully and straight up to arm that connects to a shaft that goes from the belt area to the back of the machine. when the arm is pulled down it applies pressure to the auger belt. the arrow points to the shaft that the arm should be on

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i could be wrong but i don't believe that diagram you posted is the correct one for your noma. i got a noma that seems closer to yours tractor wise than that diagram or the pics others are posting. on mine the cable inside the tractor is short. it goes in around that pully and straight up to arm that connects to a shaft that goes from the belt area to the back of the machine. when the arm is pulled down it applies pressure to the auger belt. the arrow points to the shaft that the arm should be on
View attachment 169327
I don’t think so either but seems like it’s a general diagram for the model, I can’t find any even existence for the exact model distinction i have(sub model or w.e)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tools some pix today with the covers off
View attachment 169317

View attachment 169318
View attachment 169319
View attachment 169320

from the top and then from the bottom. Just follow the black cable.
Hope these help.
I know it’s asking a lot, but is there any chance you could send a pic of the auger housing separated with a pic showing how the auger cable connects? I know that’s a big ask but it’s the only part that’s fucking me up because I’m not sure if I’m missing a bracket or something for how the auger cable connects to the pully on the auger housing.

I understand now how the auger cable connects through the frame, but I’m having trouble understanding how it actually connects to the auger pully lever

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I don’t think so either but seems like it’s a general diagram for the model, I can’t find any even existence for the exact model distinction i have(sub model or w.e)
i know nothing comes up for the noma i have either. i think if you look at the inside closer you will see the arm. you can manually press the arm on the belt side and the shaft i drew an arrow to should move in sync with the idler wheel arm. the machines with the cable inside like the diagram you posted or the others machines do not have that shaft going through them.
this is closer to what you have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts