Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got me a little Snowbird snowblower and a Mongomery Wards snowblower as a trade. Both of them start and run very good, but the Snowbird doesn't drive. I haven't taken a close look at it yet and I hope the problem isn't too hard to fix.

Here are the pics:

SnowBird S-226 22" wide cut and 6 hp B&S engine

Here is the Montgomery Wards. It is a 26" with an 8hp B&S engine. Overall this one is in 100% working condition.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i have had a few of the snowbirds, very well built machines. 2 belts under the rear cover , 1 for forward and one for reverse. only problem i had was the reverse bracket assembly was pretty worn so if i adjusted all the belts to works right, when going in reverse the reverse idler pulley would rub and spark a little. adjustment is easy enough, just loosen the idler pulley center bolt and slide it in the direction to tighten or loosen. the bolt hole for the pulley is a slot.heavy machines though, i only got rid of them because the controls were so low -- on the machine instead of on the handles, at 6'4" ... 20 minutes into working and my back would be killing me. that and getting the shroud off the motor to get to the points was a pain, the chute or something got in the way. cant remember exactly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts