Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many have a second smaller snow blower for smaller snows?

I'm thinking about buying a second machine for lighter snow falls. If we only get an inch or two it's not worth getting out the two-stage blower. I'm pretty anal about keeping the drive and sidewalks clear, but I hate to use the manual snow remover (shovel).

I'm thinking about picking up a MTD (or equivalent in what ever brand) single stage unit. Just curious as to how many out there have two machines in the garage.

Edit: Not thinking about buy one anymore. Just after I submitted this thread a friend of mine emailed me about his White 21" he bought 2 years ago. I'm picking it up this weekend for $100.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Don't suppose it's all that unusual.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is the Honda you have? I've heard nothing but good reviews on them. If I had the money to buy a new one, I'm pretty sure it would be a Honda, although I would have to add the Honda Wing to it somewhere.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
I like it a lot, but the HS622's are not offered here in the U.S. anymore, though they are in Canada, and elsewhere in the world. It's a 1999, that I put on layaway in August of that year, which is how I managed to buy mine. Only complaint I have about it, and probably why they aren't offered here any more, is that it is only a 2 speed forward, and 1 speed reverse, and 2nd is slower than normal walking speed. It actually has clutch plates, no belts.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I have an MTD 2-stroke that I use for cleaning the deck. I know that sounds strange but the deck is 12x56. The little 2 stroke works great.

I also have an Ariens ST1336LE but most of the time I like to plow with the tractor and snow blade.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You may want to look into a two stage auger drive, all the whee/track driven stuff leaves some behind. I have a Troybuilt 21" auger drive it is great on the heavy stuff and clean up, it did a great job on the 15-18" we just had here on Eastern Long Island.

Phil

·
Registered
68 Posts
besides my 30" wide 2 stager, i have my 4' wide manual snow pusher which is good up to 3" of snow and is more fun to use than a snowblower and a fraction of the time to clear the drive (30X50).

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think is is only proper to be green. Use the small one on the light stuff and the big one to show off.....hehehehe:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I joined the club today two in my garage by this Saturday, my current TB Snow King still does a great job after 18 years but pushing around an auger drive at 70 beats the Krap out of me. I bought a Toro 726 today I know I will enjoy 6 forward and 2 reverse my butt won't be dragging the ground anymore. Will do another post on hte Toro to see how folks like it!

Phil

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts