Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We own a Simplicity 860SE model 1691777. It started and ran fine today but would not go into gear. My husband found a part loose on the lower left side behind the wheel. The part appears to be a long spring, with a hooked/curved end and a straight end with what appears to be a notch. It measures 13 inches long. We cannot seem to find this part on any of the diagrams, not even the hole the curved end appears to connect to. Can anyone help? It's 10 below and there are 8 inches of snow across our driveway. Not the best time for a snow thrower to stop working...thanks!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Is it #40 in this diagram?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. No, it doesn't look like that, unfortunately. However, my husband did get the snow thrower running without the part so it wasn't essential. It would still be nice to know what the heck it IS for. If I can figure out how to post a photo in the thread, I'll do so tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Well, that's good news. We're all here pulling for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
if it is on the handle it should be # 19 in the diagram,both ends are threadedfor adjustment with a turn buclkle and 2 nuts could have loosened up and came undone check it out the other side is preety much set up the same hop this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts