·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Jack

I think that you are one great person. You are quite asset to this forum, and your offer to take $125 less than your asking price to any forum member supports my thoughts. At $125, I feel that this is a tremendous deal, and I think that you should sell it with the caveat that no would should be allowed to flip it for a profit, because I think that it could easily be done.

I wish you were a bit closer as i would like to meet you, and see the 'vette of yours !

Rit

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
you get sales this time of year? you probably could get your asking price easily in a couple more months?

I just gave another blower away ( a hs 55 for the wrap around deck ) to a lady with 3 kids that she cant control. I was tired of seeing her shovel all the time while her teenagers stayed inside playing on their iphones.

the 55 had the seized motor , Jack , that i picked up cheap. with your advice on freeing it up , got it running and it just needed some general servicing to be ready. I thought i could not sell considering the motor was seized and I was not sure how it would perform long term so i figured on keeping it for my deck or giving it away.

So, ya , Jack helped me so I am just passing it along.

feels good.

·
Retired Moderator
9,897 Posts
My two cents is don't sell it to a member as the engine parts are no longer available. At least for the 8hp but since Mitsubishi pulled small engine production back in the late eighties I'm sure the 6hp parts are NLA too. It could be more grief to someone who comes back after buying it should the engine break and they find out it's not fixable. I have the factory prototype for the 828 model with the G711P engine and I searched everywhere including Mitsubishi here in America and having a member in Japan try to track down a head gasket with no luck. As long as it's running it's a great machine but anything goes wrong with anything on that Mitsubishi and it's a re-power.

So it may seem a great deal and a nice offering but it all depends on how well and how long the engine holds up. I finally broke down and have a new B&S 11.50 awaiting transplant.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Even with an obsolete engine...that is a smoking deal! A $99 Predator would solve any engine problems down the road, and that Mitsi engine will probably live longer the any one of us.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
My two cents is don't sell it to a member as the engine parts are no longer available. At least for the 8hp but since Mitsubishi pulled small engine production back in the late eighties I'm sure the 6hp parts are NLA too. It could be more grief to someone who comes back after buying it should the engine break and they find out it's not fixable. I have the factory prototype for the 828 model with the G711P engine and I searched everywhere including Mitsubishi here in America and having a member in Japan try to track down a head gasket with no luck. As long as it's running it's a great machine but anything goes wrong with anything on that Mitsubishi and it's a re-power.

So it may seem a great deal and a nice offering but it all depends on how well and how long the engine holds up. I finally broke down and have a new B&S 11.50 awaiting transplant.

im surprised you have not tried to maker your own head gasket honestly. i bet some exhaust gasket paper would work

·
Retired Moderator
9,897 Posts
Well, mine didn't but like I said it's just my two cents after spending a lot of time trying to find a source for parts, including something on someone's dusty back shelf.
You also have to remember for "us" to toss on a Predator might be a couple hours in the garage one night but for someone from Craigs or Ebay it might be a hundred $$ or two extra for someone's labor to do it for them if they don't have the skills, tools or room.
Just a heads up so a seller doesn't have someone coming back at them if something goes bad.

I've played with the idea of cutting a gasket but wanted to try for an OEM quality one with a fire ring.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Engine Runs Good, and I'm Not Concerned in the Least if Anyone buys it and has Problems. I Offer Everyone My Famous 5-5 Warranty. Five Years or Five Minutes, Whichever Comes First.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
That Engine Runs Good, and I'm Not Concerned in the Least if Anyone buys it and has Problems. I Offer Everyone My Famous 5-5 Warranty. Five Years or Five Minutes, Whichever Comes First.
not unlike the curb n gutter warranty........if ya get er to the curb...ya gut er !

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Very cool offer, Jack. That does look like quite a machine! Neat engine, too. Curious, is that the original engine, or was it repowered?

PS- Nice warranty :) Is that bucket-to-handle?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Machine is Original as far as I know. It's Clean for the Vintage. As far as My Warranty goes, when I first got involved with this, I sold some 10000 series machines to people who didn't check the oil and the motors popped. I repowered 2 machines for free, as those people assumed there was a warranty. Lesson Learned was Make Sure They Know it's As-Is Where Is.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Machine is Original as far as I know. It's Clean for the Vintage. As far as My Warranty goes, when I first got involved with this, I sold some 10000 series machines to people who didn't check the oil and the motors popped. I repowered 2 machines for free, as those people assumed there was a warranty. Lesson Learned was Make Sure They Know it's As-Is Where Is.
What kind of warranty do people expect on a used machine? I mean if someone buys a machine from you and something happens the first time they use it, whether it is something simple or something major, do you feel obligated on helping them out?

i understand that some people are not too bright and don't check oil or abuse the machine and it breaks even after the first couple times. I'm sure it hasn't happened too often.

I sold a 30 year old car to a guy with less than 50k miles on it for a lot of money. the auto trans went out 2 YEARS after he bought it and he calls me up and threatens me with court. He also told me he had a mechanic that would testify for him in court. I asked him if he was crazy as I had given him all the repair receipts and it was a "as is where is " sale. I then asked him for the name of mechanic and shop that he was going to use against me in court and he told me.

I then called this guy late on a Sunday night and let him have it. He had no idea what I was talking about so I felt a little sheepish yelling at him. He knew the guy I was talking about and he did say that he worked on this idiots cars . He agreed that the guy was way over line and he told me that after I hung up he would call him and find out what was going on.

Never heard another thing about it. It never occurred to me that he was bluffing to get some cash out of me. The sad thing is , is that this moron is a prominent member/business owner of the community. Hopefully the shop owner dropped this customer.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
If a buyer blows up a machine the first time out using...I repower for nothing.....other then that.....depends how I feel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts