Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 18 of 22 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
So when out and about searching for everything...: Does it matter what Bridge Rectifier??? I hate looking like a dummy when asked at the store lol. Then they(store clerk) says "Whats it for" and I say "snowblower" then they say "Pfft, we don`t handle that stuff, go to a snowblower shop" lol. Are there any certain ones I need? Mine is a 18v system if that matters any.

· Registered
191 Posts
Whats with the three fuses? Would you only need one in-between the yellow wire and rectifier? How did you wire up the three.
Let me get this straight cause I have noticed lots of chatter on the 10 watt LEDS: If I end up in the city and see a bunch of LED lights (flood or spot) as long as they are 10 watt, I`m good to go?

· Registered
191 Posts
I have a problem lol. Today I bought the LED light and the bridge rectifier. On the bridge rectifier on one side it has a (+) on the left and a (wavy line) on the right. The wavy line spade terminal is facing the same as all the others, but that (+) one is the only different one. How does this wire up?

Attachments

· Registered
191 Posts
AC is just that, Alternating Current......there is no (+) or (-) relatively speaking because it alternates as a sine wive.

You can connect your AC line to any of those two, the other either goes to ground or connects to the other AC line.
What happens to the DC- terminal? This is where the black light wire goes, but where does it get its ground from?

· Registered
191 Posts
Up here in Canada (at least the city I was in: Regina,Sask) the rectifier was $7. The light on the other hand was the cheapest I found in that size and it was expensive by my books: $100. I just look at it this way: If I sell the blower, I`ll take all of it off and save it for my next one or maybe use the light on my 4x4

· Registered
191 Posts
The place I bought the rectifier said it could possibly order Cree lights, but I would need a product number. I can always run this one back, just bought it yesterday, but I`d need to know how long to get the other. Don`t like ordering online, stuff gets all bunged up at the border and 3 months later I get my stuff

· Registered
191 Posts
Does it look brighter than your original light? Do you know how many amps your headlight circuit can handle? What was the original light wattage?
* edit * I missed your post that said that the led light is 1 Watt, definitely won't be bright enough.
Am I misundestanding? I thought it was 1 watt x 7 since there was 7 LED`s. I had thought since everyone had mentioned to go 10 watts total, I would be safe.
My system runs 18v at full throttle not under a load. It had a stupid utility light with a 26 watt bulb (all I could find to replace the 38 watt bulb that was in it from previous owner). It was as bright as a candle lol.
This LED is quite bright and hurts the eyes if you happen to look directly at it.

· Registered
191 Posts
ahhh ok. Well I will amuze myself tonight with this one, then package it up and take it back. At $100, I am not buying another lol. Can you guys post up the actual Cree product number please and did they come as a pair? I`ll do some phoning here.

· Registered
191 Posts
Thanks! The place I got the rectifier from is a electrical gadget heaven. I let them know the specs and they are doing the search of all their suppliers. See, I got a real bad taste in my mouth multiple times ordering from down south. Stuff ends up either kicked the full distance on the ground or the turtle dies part way and they need to send a second turtle to retrieve the package or the stupid border decides to eat donuts instead of doing their job.

· Registered
191 Posts
Here are some before/after pics. I am quite surprised actually! Will have to check tomorrow, seems the switch must be sorta faulty. It worked somewhat earlier and now it doesn`t shut the light off. Light still flickers with the blower governor (maybe a little farting), but on full throttle it is alot better.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 22 Posts