Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1550 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So, I have my two sets of LED's wired up so one set is on with one switch and the other set is turned on separately with another switch. That part works great. What I find strange is when I meter the voltage on the AC line coming out of the stator it seems to INCREASE voltage when I turn the LED's on?! lol IE, it reads 15.5V or so with NO load. Turn on the stock light and it will drop to 14.xV....then turn on the handwarmers while leaving the stock light on and it will drop to 13.xV.

Now, if I turn on the first set of LED's it goes up to like 16.xV, add the second pair and it goes up to 17.xV. If I leave all four on and then turn on the handwarmers it will drop to 14-15V IIRC. I was measuring the voltage drop because I wanted to compare it to the stock stuff. I was surprised to see what I saw.

Can any of you electrical gurus explain what I seeing?
That's an interesting question. Completely counter intuitive, I'm curious as well.

· Registered
191 Posts
I have a problem lol. Today I bought the LED light and the bridge rectifier. On the bridge rectifier on one side it has a (+) on the left and a (wavy line) on the right. The wavy line spade terminal is facing the same as all the others, but that (+) one is the only different one. How does this wire up?

Attachments

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I have a problem lol. Today I bought the LED light and the bridge rectifier. On the bridge rectifier on one side it has a (+) on the left and a (wavy line) on the right. The wavy line spade terminal is facing the same as all the others, but that (+) one is the only different one. How does this wire up?
The terminal that is Kitty corner from the + terminal is the negative for DC output . The terminal Kitty corner from the wave is the other AC terminal. ~ means AC. Does that make sense? In the first post there's a diagram of how it's wired

Let me know if more clarification is needed.

· Registered
557 Posts
OK I get it, but to the right of the + sign is the AC symbol (Wavy line). Is this the AC+ or AC- ?
AC is just that, Alternating Current......there is no (+) or (-) relatively speaking because it alternates as a sine wive.

You can connect your AC line to any of those two, the other either goes to ground or connects to the other AC line.

· Registered
191 Posts
AC is just that, Alternating Current......there is no (+) or (-) relatively speaking because it alternates as a sine wive.

You can connect your AC line to any of those two, the other either goes to ground or connects to the other AC line.
What happens to the DC- terminal? This is where the black light wire goes, but where does it get its ground from?

· Registered
557 Posts
What happens to the DC- terminal? This is where the black light wire goes, but where does it get its ground from?
Just look at superedge88's photo above. The DC (+) and DC (-) are kiddy corner from each other, as are the two AC leads.

· Registered
191 Posts
Up here in Canada (at least the city I was in: Regina,Sask) the rectifier was $7. The light on the other hand was the cheapest I found in that size and it was expensive by my books: $100. I just look at it this way: If I sell the blower, I`ll take all of it off and save it for my next one or maybe use the light on my 4x4

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Up here in Canada (at least the city I was in: Regina,Sask) the rectifier was $7. The light on the other hand was the cheapest I found in that size and it was expensive by my books: $100. I just look at it this way: If I sell the blower, I`ll take all of it off and save it for my next one or maybe use the light on my 4x4
Wow, that is expensive for the light! What are the specs of the light?

21 - 40 of 1550 Posts