1461 - 1480 of 1515 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Awesome write-up

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased the rectifier,capacitors and aux beam lights. Could u please post or send me the complete
Wirering diagram including toggle switch, would greatly appreciate it my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ok, so I have a 3/5 amp AC/DC alternator. It puts out 3 amps DC. Its not in use for anything. I am installing a 18 watt auxbeam LED to my machine. I can hook directly into that 3 amps DC without a rectifier ot capacitors no issue correct?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
With DC, you need to make sure that you get polarity correct. If the bulb doesn't work, you probably have the polarity reversed.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It worked, shes all hooked up. If you have a DC alternator and its not in use, you can hook right in. Mine supposedly puts out 36 watts at 3 amps, not sure if thats correct, or who did the math, but my light is 18 watts, so I had plenty of room to spare and I still have 5 amps AC at my disposal.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
but Is this a stock setup?
No, those are Husqvarna drift cutters and a 32" LED light bar kind of like yours... And now it also has a Gripo auger housing extension...

Snow Motor vehicle Guitar accessory Musical instrument Automotive lighting

Reactions: quexpress

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi guys. I'm a bit stumped. Added led. Iight to my Toro repowered with a Tecumseh 10.5 HP motor. The light works. I ordered a a switch from amazon Canada rated for 12v/20amp and the switch doesn't turn off the light.
With my volt meter I see the output off the bridge rectifier is over 30v DC. Is that why the light switch doesn't work?

I've attached some pics of the setup.

Here is the link to the switch I'm using.

Twidec/3Pcs Rocker Toggle Switch 12V 20A Heavy Duty Racing Car Automative Auto SPST ON/OFF Toggle Switch White LED Illuminated 3Pin ASW-07DW https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VLG5LRX/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_2TCB8C2RB4A7ZGNK3BPZ

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
the switch doesn't turn off the light.
Are you sure you have it wired as shown in the diagram? With illuminated switches it's easy to do it incorrectly. If you're seeing DC voltage that high, you may also need a regulator in the circuit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah on the line from the negative side of the the DC output after the capacitors for the black wire (negative) I have the wire spliced with a marrette for now and then a runs to both the negative side of the light (black) and to the ground of the switch. Red side (positive is going Into the Switch) and load is on the load side.

I need to check the amazon reviews one of the switches I was looking at mentioned the wiring was actually backwards!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Ariens Professional Hydro 36 EFI. Has factory hand warmers and I am looking to upgrade the lighting. The stock bulb is sucky. I have (2) 48 watt LEDs left over from another project which are able to run between 10-30 volts. Can I run these? Are they too large? If I can run these how? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Attachments

1461 - 1480 of 1515 Posts